Fuel Problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjones
  • Start date Start date
T

tjones

Guest
I have a 74 with a 302. I have an edlebrock carb and as soon as i turn the engine off the fuel backs out of the line back to the tank. I can see it because i have a clear fuel filter. makes for hard starting but runs fine once you get it going. I replaced the pump and there are no air leaks. I can't figure it out and it does it everytime I tun it off.
 
It is possible that the fuel inlet valve in the float tank is not sealing alowing air back into the line. This could happen if the fuel float was opening the valve to allow more fuel into the fuel bowl after the engine swas shut off. What that amounts to is check youjr float adjustment and possible a valve that is worn.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
It could be but it is a new carb. but it could be out of adjustment

thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top