Fuel Injection For A 300 Inline Six

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleo
  • Start date Start date
C

cleo

Guest
Can anyone tell me when Ford switched the 300 six from carb to fuel injection and would it be worth the switch after a rebuild?
 
I have a 88 f150 with fuel injection built in sept 87 if that helps
 
it would involve a lot of changeing over but in the long run it's worth it
the wireing harness would have to be changed to support the injection system
and the gas tank would have to be changed with an electric fuel pump
manual fuel pumps and standard electric pumps do not carry enough pressure for the injection system
 
Hey, I have done a little research on the matter, and I found that Clifford Performance offers a great conversion kit for the 300 Inline six. It comes with everything you need to make your truck have an efi system. If I was going to go thorough the trouble of installing something I would try something new. I would be hesitant to attempt to take the old unit off a newer truck and try to make it work for you. the price of Ford fuel injection parts add up pretty quickly if you go to start replacing worn out parts.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top