Fuel filter change problems in 2004 6.0 diesel

glbaecker

New Member
I just changed the fuel filters in my 04 Super Duty. It currently has 137,000 miles on it and this is the third time I have changed filters since owning it. When I did it in the past and then cranked it up, it smoked and shook and idled rough a little but the owners manual says that this is to be expected. It did smooth out and run right. However, this time after running for about a minute it just died and I can not crank it. It turns over and acts like it wants to catch but just doesn't. I checked the small filter on top of the engine and it is dry. I poured some diesel in it and closed it up but that did not help either. Any suggestions on what to do next to get it running?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top