front susp lift coils

jason

New Member
I was curious if any body could help me with any helpful information about lifting the front end up. I figured that i could lift the rear about 5 inches very cheap by flipping the shackles. Is this a good idea? With the front i thought i could just put some coil spacer blocks. Is this a good idea? Also, wondered about cab lift. Should I be conserned about the stearing colum? Engine mounts? The truck has a no box, (flat deck not built yet) and it is a f150 ranger 4x4. The guy that i bought it off said that the front coils were new, and ment for a f250. they look new.
Any help would be great, I like this truck alot, many other problem isusses too.
 
jason said:
I was curious if any body could help me with any helpful information about lifting the front end up. I figured that i could lift the rear about 5 inches very cheap by flipping the shackles. Is this a good idea? With the front i thought i could just put some coil spacer blocks. Is this a good idea? Also, wondered about cab lift. Should I be conserned about the stearing colum? Engine mounts? The truck has a no box, (flat deck not built yet) and it is a f150 ranger 4x4. The guy that i bought it off said that the front coils were new, and ment for a f250. they look new.
Any help would be great, I like this truck alot, many other problem isusses too.
[snapback]16233[/snapback]​
the flip is a good idea,you could do the spacer blocks it's been done onhereby other people,you could lower the spring bucket some and a small spacer.
you'll have to get some parts when you lift it too:drop pitman arm,track rod drop brackets,radius arm drop brakets,c-bushings,shocks,brake lines,frnt drive shaft.depending on how high you go.
body lift,just make sure nothing binds,shift linkage readjusted,wires lentghned,fan shroud doesn't hit fan,lower rad hose isn't hitting the belts.just make sure you look it over real good and make sure everthing functions properly and everything is tight.good luck
 
jason, in reply to your report and reading your initial post, I would be cautious about how you lift the front axle. I WOULD NEVER use coil spacers, but lowering the spring top mounts may get you 2-3". I would recommend a proper lift kit with the height of coils you need. You can adjust the rear height much easier and safer to level the ride for 4" or 6" tall front lift coils. I think 6" lift would be the maximum before needing to lengthen the driveshafts. Look at some of the various brands of suspension kits for the 73-79 F-150. A kit will include the taller coils, dropped Pitman arm and longer shocks, plus some brands have other parts that you may need to lift the rear.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top