front rear for sale

77 F-250

New Member
I am lookin for a front dana 44 or 60 for my 77 f-250 but is not working, I picked up a dana 44 and did not fit my truck because the shock mounts are on the wrong side and is missing a front steering bar offers or trades accepted
 
77 F-250 said:
I am lookin for a front dana 44 or 60 for my 77 f-250 but is not working, I picked up a dana 44 and did not fit my truck because the shock mounts are on the wrong side and is missing a front steering bar offers or trades accepted
[snapback]16838[/snapback]​
do you have the early or late 77? The way you can tell is by the height of the truck, is it a highboy, or a standered height truck. The reason I'm asking is because in 77 they changed the whole geometry of the trucks. They changed from a low pinion standerd cut gearset, to a high pinion reverse cut gearset. They also went from a devorced transfercase to married. It will decide which front end from which year you can put on. for example if you have a low pinion early 77 truck, then you wouldn't be able to get the drive angles right withought lifting the truck considerably. If you have a front end with the shock mounts on the wrong side, then I don't think you have a front end from a 76-79 ford truck, anyway hope this helps
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top