Front Drive Shaft

  • Thread starter Thread starter whitetail
  • Start date Start date
W

whitetail

Guest
Should my front drive shaft turn when my transfer case is in H 2 wh. drive ? or just when it is engaged into 4 wh. dr. ? <_<
 
NO, CHECK & MAKE SURE THAT THE T CASE IS IN 2WD. I HAVE A 74 EB & WHEN I COME OUT OF 4WD IT IS HARD TO GET IT BACK INTO 2WD. CHECK & MAKE SURE THE HUBS ARE UNLOCKING. I KNOW THESE TWO THINGS WILL MAKE THE SHAFT TURN... JACK UP THE FRONT END & TURN THE TIRE. IF THE SHAFT TURNES THAT WILL BE THE HUB... GOOD LUCK!!!
 
ALSO, WELCOME TO THE ZONE!!!
clap.gif
 
As long as you're tcase is in 2wd and you're hubs arenot locked then there is nothing to worry about. The centrifficle ( having a bad spelling day) force of the front wheels turning will make the front axles turn and could cause the driveshaft to rotate, but it should'nt turn fast. Hope that helps good luck on welcome to the zone.
clap.gif
 
What year is the Bronco? The J shifters had some problems disengaging. My buddy never could figure his out. I would see him kicking the shifter all the time.
He finally got the t-shift. No more problems.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top