Front Clip Swap?

Bronco89XLT

New Member
My friend just totaled out his 95 XLT Bronco. He offered it to me for parts. Can I put his front clip on my 89 XLT? Can I just use the headlights and grille? I know they are different, but I do like that style better. Was there major changes to the Bronco between those years that will prevent me from making the swap easily?

Only bought the 89 cause the price was so damn good!
 
Yes, this can be done since an 89 and a 95 are the same body style. You will need to change the hood and front fenders to the 92-96 style in order to have that front end. You might also need to change the radiator support but, I'm not 100% sure. I agree I like the 92-96 front end alot.
 
Yes, the swap is nearly a direct bolt-in. But you will need the entire front clip from the 92-96. That includes the radiator core support, grille, lights, lower valance, fenders, hood and cowl cover and the mounting hardware. Something different about the bumper mounts as well, but don't recall what that was. In fact, the clip will also fit an 80-86, but the style of the fenderwells is different.
 
Justshootme84 is toatally correct It will fit but you need it all and as for the bumper mounts the 92 to 95 have a boxed in frame that is meant to crush in a collision and there is like a peice of angle welded to the inside of the frame on both sides and the bumper mounts to this . On the 1980 to 1991 the bumper mounts directly onto the frame horns , They used the c channel frame from 80 to 91 . So you will have to do some mods but if you have 2 peices of 3x3x6 angle you can weld it in the same place on your frame as it is on the 92 to 95 and then the bumper will bolt right back on like its supposed to be there . Had to do this with my 89 when I used a warn enforcer for a 92 on it . :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top