frame swap ?

I have a 82 f150 4x4 with a 302 and a 4 speed.Due to some recent parts breakage i am thinking of replacing all the 4wd with parts off a 89 f150 4x4 with a 300 6 cylinder.I have a couple of questions.Is it possible to do this and can i use my 82 transmission and transfer case? What will be my major obstacles? THANKS
 
I hope I read your post right. What parts that broke that can't be rebuilt and what parts are you using off of the '89? You stated that you might use the '82 tranny/ t-case.
 
Like 400 said . Clarify please

Your body will fit on the newer frame . The newer suspension will fit your truck Frame. The frames r same from Core support back 97 down for the most part.The difference is at front bumper mounting area . I do know They had real light frames in early 80-82.

The 87 up stated more electrical differences. But wont effect the frame. You could use the cab up to 89 ish after that the cable speedo is no more and need a 8.8 for speed sensor it has.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top