Four Wheel Drive Hubs

  • Thread starter Thread starter christy
  • Start date Start date
Ah. Come on Bronco Commander give this new guy a chance to get used to all us Bronco Nuts!!
Give him a little help.
He just joined today his first post.
Help him.
One chance. O K :o)
 
don't some of the rangers ans bII's have the "flange" type hubs? if so and you've got this style hub system. There's very few market support for em and cost $$. be cheaper hitting the wrecking yards looking for the knuckles out from a model witout the flange style system. correct me if i'm wrong here guy?

but if you ain't got the flange type system it's a easy 10min swap once you find the auto hubs. which in the kits it should tell if any extra pieces needed. Like on some fullsizes with 3 screw auto hubs you need a kit to swap em to manuals. IMO i'd leave them manual, mch more reliable then auto's. If your in places where you feel ya need 4wd you can drive in 2wd with the hubs locked and pull back to 4high while moving. then just keep um unlock when not needed.

what year is your ranger or bII. i'll do some digging on the hub system you've got.
 
Heh, well, ask a simple question...

since there was no truck information, I gave the best answer I could - never said it would be cheap, or hard, but w/o knowing the year of the Ranger, that's the best answer I could think of


(psst, I think 'he' is a she... unless 'he' spells his name funny)
 
lol thats kinda funny. but i would totally forget about changing the hubs. sure its a pain in the ass (or should i say buttocks) to get out and lock the hubs they are just more reliable then the automatic hubs. just my opinion
 
I think that would depend on the person's need for 4wd. Most people need/want it to just lock the front end while driving to work in bad weather, or stick to the bunny trails while offroading. For those people, the auto hubs would work just fine. Hell, I used to keep a pair of auto hubs as spares (might even stll have em around somewhere)
 
I have a '90 Bronco II w/ auto trans and auto hubs. I would then assume then that it would be easy to convert from auto to manual hubs. Once I get my rig so it's start, I'd like to make my auto hubs into ashtrays. Both me and my brother in law have '90s with autohubs and niether of them work.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top