Ford 400m Engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleo
  • Start date Start date
C

cleo

Guest
In a recent article from a 4x4 publication rating "The 10 Best Used Truck Bargins" they mentioned the 400M engine as one to avoid. Why and can these problems be fixed without an engine swamp?
 
i have a 78 f150 and the engine has no power, all most no after market parts and runs hot all the time(all the smog @$%#% stuff). man what was ford thinking
 
i have a 400 in my bronco. i like it. it does have a new cam/lifters,manifold w1" spacer/edelbrock 600-1405 carb/ kn filter/msd ignition with a few xtra degrees of timing/dual exaust. oh yeh it runs hot but twin flexalite fans and a 160 degree thermostat help alot.biggest down fall so far is it really likes 93 octane for some reason :D
 
Well I had one im my old F-150 Ranger and I loved that engine. That engine had over 275,000km on it and I put it through hell (The truck found its dimise after I hit a on coming Truck). 3 months after the acident my friend baught the truck for parts, to my surprise after sitting hafe the winter it started on the first try and ran like a top. Man I miss that truck, as for over heating I had no problem except for when I had a winter front on it and it was warm outside.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top