Flushing Fuel Tank

brentusbrutus

New Member
My older and wiser Brother told me in an Email that since I have my gas tank off, I should give it a good flush. He didn't leave me any suggestions on how I should do that. Now my Dadddy left me with a verty strong impression that Water in a gas tank is a no no. Who's go some idears for me..?

84 Bronco
Work in Progress..
 
It took me a sceond to figure out your querry, but I would not flush the tank with water only. The best method of cleaning is to have a radiator shop boil and clean out all of the rust in the bottom of the tank. While a few drops of residual water won't hurt too much, any little rust flakes will clog up the fuel filter in a jiffy. I seem to remember an article in 4Wheel&Offroad magazine about the cleaning and repair of a gas tank, might check their site for any tech info.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top