I have a clean 89 f150 shortie. 2wd, reg cab, blown and gone straight 6 (tbi), 4 speed with overdrive. I also have a 81 f250 longbed, 3\4 ton 4x4. 8 lug, straight 6 (carb), 4 speed granny low (fresh outta the shop $1200), 35x12.50's, severe body damage to roof and hood. I would like to combine the two into one big clean first time ford 4x4 for my 16 yearold daughter. I am capable of this project with a little advice and knowledge from some of you skilled ford fans. I have built several big chevys and admitt that I have not been a ford fan until I bought my f150 a few years ago. For a 2wd truck I was very impressed overall. My buddy is a die hard ford man to the death and swears that if I bought a ford 4x4 I would never own another chevy 4x4. I say prove it. I'm open minded enough that I bought the truck to find out. Can I pull my granny4 and replace it with the 4 w\ od and gain another gear for the road? Will it bolt straight to the carbed 6 (came from tbi motor) ? If so I would like to sell the granny 4. Can I flip the front leaf springs upside down and replace them to take out the neg arc and gain an inch or two of lift. Will it be safe? Any info about these questions would be of great help.