FI fuel filter change

BullyBob

New Member
2002 F-150 V6 4.2 FI

I R&R'd the fuel filter. No problem however, upon examining the old filter, an unbelievable amount
of dark crud came out the inlet side of the filter. (Clear fuel came out of the outlet)
I poured the dirty fuel in a jar & the dark "stuff" settled to the bottom.
Curious.., I disected the filter. The same there., the exit side of the media was clean & the enter side
was black.
Amazing the truck even ran. Could this be normal..?? This is my 1st. exp. with fuel injection.
Filter was in there several years.
Twice, over the last 6 mo., I added Amsoil injector cleaner..... could that have loosened stuff up
up stream of the filter..?

-----I've seen/R&R'd dirty fuel filters B/4 but this was way beyond normal.----

Has anybody experienced this..??
 
I think just to be sure, have your tank drained and cleaned. The fuel could be contaminated with something that can damage the engine in the long run.
 
Haven't ruled that out..., but first, I plan on doing another filter change in a few more weeks & see if the results
are different.
Thanks for the response.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top