rednck7736
New Member
I have a 95 F-150 4x4 with trailor breaks.I was wondering was this a factory option.The plug on the rear has the Ford logo on it,made into cover of the plug.Looking at the wiring it looks like it is run in the same loom as the factory tail light wires and same goes for the controler wires under the dash.
Know I know my E4OD trany is comuter controled.If u hit the control button while you are driving with no trail on the truck it unlocks the convertor and the RPM's go up.I yanked the bed a while back to put a fuel pump in it and busted a tail light.I though no big deal.Well when I went to drive it the light on the control was lighted up like I had the break mashed tho the floor and the converter would not lock up.This also caused the abs light to come on and stay on.I thought I a pinched wire.But all I had was a blown brake light and a busted break light.I am not understanding why they would hook it to the tranny for.To me that seems like a problem waiting to happen if teh controler goes crazy one day.It works fine now that the lights were replaced.Does anyone know if this was a factory option and why it would run to the tranny?
Know I know my E4OD trany is comuter controled.If u hit the control button while you are driving with no trail on the truck it unlocks the convertor and the RPM's go up.I yanked the bed a while back to put a fuel pump in it and busted a tail light.I though no big deal.Well when I went to drive it the light on the control was lighted up like I had the break mashed tho the floor and the converter would not lock up.This also caused the abs light to come on and stay on.I thought I a pinched wire.But all I had was a blown brake light and a busted break light.I am not understanding why they would hook it to the tranny for.To me that seems like a problem waiting to happen if teh controler goes crazy one day.It works fine now that the lights were replaced.Does anyone know if this was a factory option and why it would run to the tranny?