Broncoholics
Broncoholics
I've got a 96 F350 4x4 and have always wondered what this weird sound is at 60+mph.
Sounds like something is fluttering around under the hood when I get up to speed or the wind gets up to enough pressure to cause this. Seems to be louder on the driverside but is tough to tell. You can only hear it with the windows up. Its not an engine ping or have anything to do with the engine. Doesn't go away with added or decreased throttle or in nutral coasting. I thought it might be in the wheel well like a rubber splash shield but they all seem tight and nothing else is loose.
Any ideas?
Sounds like something is fluttering around under the hood when I get up to speed or the wind gets up to enough pressure to cause this. Seems to be louder on the driverside but is tough to tell. You can only hear it with the windows up. Its not an engine ping or have anything to do with the engine. Doesn't go away with added or decreased throttle or in nutral coasting. I thought it might be in the wheel well like a rubber splash shield but they all seem tight and nothing else is loose.
Any ideas?