F250 long to short bed

chocadito

New Member
Hi, this is my first time in this forum, last year I bought a very nice 1979 ford F250 long bed only 73,000 miles I think it was parked some were on a farm in sacramento Ca, the body is almost 100% rust free as is the frame, the engine and tranny are in perfect conditions to, the only thing I do not like is the long bed I'm planning to cut it, but thats not the problem I'am a body and paint man, the problem is how or where can I buy a drive shaft and does any one know if theres going to be any mecanical problem or if someone has done it yet, can you give me a heads up on how to do it properly, thanks alot.
 
Hi, this is my first time in this forum, last year I bought a very nice 1979 ford F250 long bed only 73,000 miles I think it was parked some were on a farm in sacramento Ca, the body is almost 100% rust free as is the frame, the engine and tranny are in perfect conditions to, the only thing I do not like is the long bed I'm planning to cut it, but thats not the problem I'am a body and paint man, the problem is how or where can I buy a drive shaft and does any one know if theres going to be any mecanical problem or if someone has done it yet, can you give me a heads up on how to do it properly, thanks alot.
Well i have 2 buddies that have succesfully done the transformation and it does look nice...id say the best way,and both of these guys did,measure the length u need and youre local machine shop can take it from there..u prob already thought of that but im just putting my 2 cents worth in...good luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top