F150 Tranmission Shift Issues

stangboygt

New Member
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and really like what I see. I belong to a few similar sites for my Mustang. What I have going on and I hope someone can shed a light on it for me is my 1995 F150 4X4 with 5.8 engine and automatic transmission out of the blue the other day it started shifting like it had one of those aftermarkets shift kits in it. The truck does have 175,000 miles on it but has always run well and I was setting a goal of 250000 miles for it. When it shifts it jerks enough that you feel it in the seat. My fear is that the tranmission is on a quick downward spiral but I hope not. Any light any one can shine on the issue will be greatly appreciated. Ryan
 
Have you checked fluid? color? I'm not too familiar with E4OD tranny (assuming thats what you got), have you checked for maybe broken vacuum lines?
 
I did check fluid and plenty of it and color looks good, The vacum could be something to check, thanks for the suggestion.
 
The e4od is electric ... Could be a servo going bad in trans . If original you did good . Out of 20 plus F series I had only 2 e4ods made it past 130000
With being serviced .
 
I just bought the same truck motor and all and extended.Mine has 210000 on it.It was a 2 owner.It shifts like that since I have had it.But for me I like it.I like being able to feel it in the seat when it changes gears.I don't like for it to slide through the gears.To my knowledge nothing has been done to mine. But with it being elcitric shift .Any tranny shop should be able to hook a computer to it and change the shift point to soften it up or firm it up.
 
HAVE A 1994 F150/5.O/E4OD TRANNY. SHE SHIFTS FINE IN 1ST/2ND, HOWEVER, WHEN YOU PUT HER IN DRIVE, YOU HAVE TO ACCELERATE ALOT JUST TO MOVE. I'M THINKING I HAVE A SUCK VALVE. GONNA USE LUCAS TRANNY TREATMENT WITH FRESH OIL AND FILTER 2-3 TIMES TO TRY TO FLUSH SYSTEM AND UNSTICK VALVE. AM I GOING ABOUT THIS CORRECTLY??
 
HAVE A 1994 F150/5.O/E4OD TRANNY. SHE SHIFTS FINE IN 1ST/2ND, HOWEVER, WHEN YOU PUT HER IN DRIVE, YOU HAVE TO ACCELERATE ALOT JUST TO MOVE. I'M THINKING I HAVE A SUCK VALVE. GONNA USE LUCAS TRANNY TREATMENT WITH FRESH OIL AND FILTER 2-3 TIMES TO TRY TO FLUSH SYSTEM AND UNSTICK VALVE. AM I GOING ABOUT THIS CORRECTLY??

You can try . If your trans has been kept up with regular fluid changes go for it . A change may help. But once these slip they are done.


But Sounds like trans is on way out . Thats a common warning sign.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top