F series

PETEMONI

New Member
Hi,
I am busy with the restoration of a 1968 F series 4 X 4 truck. (South African built)
The badges on the bonnet state that it is an F100. Is this possible, or were all 4 x 4s F250s?
I suspect that this truck was fitted with a new cab, (from a F100), at some stage, and that the badges were not changed. What does the I.D. plate on the firewall tell me, and is there any way of telling the year of manufacture from the chassis, i.e. did these trucks have a chassis number?
Thanks and regards
Peter B
Namibia/Africa
 
Hi,
I am busy with the restoration of a 1968 F series 4 X 4 truck. (South African built)
The badges on the bonnet state that it is an F100. Is this possible, or were all 4 x 4s F250s?
I suspect that this truck was fitted with a new cab, (from a F100), at some stage, and that the badges were not changed. What does the I.D. plate on the firewall tell me, and is there any way of telling the year of manufacture from the chassis, i.e. did these trucks have a chassis number?
Thanks and regards
Peter B
Namibia/Africa
yes ford made f100 4x4s and f250 4x4s in these years. hereis a link to show the 68 vin number locations and what they mean.
http://www.fordification.com/data-1968.htm
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top