Hey I got an 88 f-350 super cab, with a utility box on the back. 460 motor, dont know the transmission model# 5 speed 5th od 1st granny (bought last week to replace e-150 cargo) 4 wheel drive. I drive 40 to 150 miles a day, mostly in bumper to bumper traffic. The truck is awsome, tons of power, miles of space, (not light at the pump but i expected that with the 460) The only problem is since i started driveing it, Iv started walking lopsided, left leg moves a little slower than the right.
Well I found an c-6 transmission on craigslist. Toying with the idea of swaping in an auto...Wont be weeling in it, need an commuter. Anybody had any experience doing this? Whats involved, Pros/ Cons? The c-6 came off an 351, similar bolt/ bell housing? mount points, transfer case? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Well I found an c-6 transmission on craigslist. Toying with the idea of swaping in an auto...Wont be weeling in it, need an commuter. Anybody had any experience doing this? Whats involved, Pros/ Cons? The c-6 came off an 351, similar bolt/ bell housing? mount points, transfer case? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.