f-150 4x4 rear end swap

wetricky

New Member
The pinion bearing went out on the rear of a 94 F-150. It's an 8.8 with no locking diff of any kind. I have an 88 F-150 4x4 with and 8.8 and a posi. I want to switch rear ends. I am trying to find out the gear ratio of the 88 and confirm the posi before I get dirty. The only tag on the 88 diff says E7TW-4025-BA. The VIN 2FTEF14H1JCB33368. Can anyone help me decode the numbers? Thanks very much, Rick
 
Does the 88 rear end have the speed sensor on it? If not you'll loose your spedo and the engine probably wont run rite. You might be better off replacing the bearing, and maybe swapping in the "posi".


I have looked into the speed sensor thing. I am thinking I'll swap out the 3rd members. I think I can switch the sensor ring from the 94 to the 88 if it doesn't have it. I won't be able to get to this project until Thanksgiving so I'm trying to do some homework before hand. It doesn't help that the 88 is two hours away. Thanks for the info. Any more thoughts will be greatly appreciated!! I am still trying to get by brother to check the front diff of the 88 to find out some gear ratios.

Thanks, Rick
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top