Extra Cooling/easy Maintance

highboy73

FORDing thru life
I don't know if any of you have had problems with your trans being hot and a pain to change the fluid,well just a tip but i ordered a daul oil filter kit from summit and mounted them in a convienant location for the trans and oil.not only did it drastically reduce trans temp it also added about 2 1/2 quarts extra.the dual oil filter set up can be ordered as a kit or seperate componets.
make sure you install them on the return line.You might also want to run your own plumbing,the hoses that come with the kit are leak prone.
and the filters are regular oil filters that can bepurchased at any auto store,i chose to use k&n's on the trans and oil filters.
the whole set-up cost me around $75.
 
You're running this - in the top center - for your trans filter?
sum-g4986.jpg


I thought about doing that too, not only for my engine, but for my trans too. I already have the dual filter adapter, but I need the spin-on adapter, for my 429. My idea is, to take a simple parts-store-special oil filter as the first filter, to catch any of the bigger crap, and to use the K&N filter to catch the smaller crap. That way, I can replace the crap filter 5-7 times, before I'd have to change the K&N filter

I had also thought about running a small car's a/c condensor, as the tranny cooler, along with the external filter - I dunno about that idea tho
 
i saw a site monster 4x4's or something like that where he did use a a/c condenser.
i don't know,it's an idea
good idea about the crap filter!
 
Yeh, that's all that really was... an idea for the condensor. I think the dual oil filters will be enough for cooling, and definitely enough for filtering

Are you going to use that engine block adapter? Want to sell it? :D
 
i bought the kit once and then used the adapter on the daul oil filters and just bought a seperate mount from jegs or summit one.I know they have them for like 10 or 15 bucks.
yeah i think that with the small cooler and the daul filters is enough for me but i don't know about a trail truck.
they are coming off the 73 for good and going on the wifes bronco,i got a 5 speed for the 73.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top