Extended Radius Arms/tube Or Half Doors

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLarsh
  • Start date Start date
J

JLarsh

Guest
CAN ANYONE GIVE THEIR COMMENTS IDEAS ON THESE SUBJECTS.COST WOULD BE NICE .DOES ANYONE BUILD THESE AT HOME . ARE THE EXTENDED RADIUS ARMS WORTH IT DO THEY WORK THAT MUCH BETTER STOCK. ANYONE HAVE IDEAS FOR BETTER FLEX THATS CHEAP OR CAN BE FABBED FROM JUNK YARD PARTS. THANX FOR ANY HELP
 
I made tube doors. Here is a picture.
Picture%20369.jpg

Another
getfile.php
 
WHAT DO THOSE DOORS COST AND CAN YOU SHIP TO CANADA.ANY IDEA ON SHIPPING COSTS :D
 
For a pair of doors I charged another guy $225. They are light at only 20lbs each so shipping probably wouldn't cost any more than $40 to $50. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you some more details and pictures.
 
Build a wristed arm cheap. Just time and a few pieces of 1/2" metal and two 3/4" bolts and you got lots of flex. Let me know if you need photos. I've posted them a few times before in the tech write-ups if I remember correctly...
 
IM DEFINETLY INTERESTED IN BOTH YOUR IDEAS PLEASE SEND MORE INFO PLUS PICTURES
 
Here is a link to a thread I started on them. clicky
I'll get more details and pictures later. I need to find the pictures.
 
On a wristed radius arm you only have one side pivot. The other side stays the same (stock solid arm). You need at least one arm solid otherwise the axle will wrap under the truck.

I run 38.5" Swampers with 5:89 gears locked up and a built 302 with no problems.

Sure the big block will increase the torq and you might bend the one solid arm some day but you can help this by reinforcing it with some angle iron. I didn't reinforce mine and have run it for 5 years now.

Long arms do almost as well as a wristed arm in flex but will cost you more cash instead of some cheap scrap steel. There are always pros and cons to each set up.

Cage and Duff both make a nice set up that you will never have to worry about.
 
If I still had the 1/2 ton I'd rather be runnin the extended radius arms.I don't like to take chances.Plus the fact thers no real advantage to just havin 1 side unlatched.
 
It realeses the stress in the c bushings but I think exteneded rdious arms are safer
 
Yup, extended radius arm are way safer than a wristed arm with the pin is pulled. Extended arms are ready to rock and roll. Wristed arms are for us cheap bastards that won't pay the cash for longer arms. :D
 
GUYS I FOUND SOME EXTENDED RADIUS ARMS FROM A COMPANY CALLED SICK AND TWISTED. THEY THREAD ONTO YOUR ARMS THEN YOU MOVE YOUR DROP BRACKETS BACK THE LENGTH OF THE EXTENSIONS(14''S I THINK) THIS IS TOTTALY WHAT IM GOIN TO DO. BONUS THERE ONLY 60 BUCKS.
 
Yep I've seen those before on a lot of broncos. You should also weld them to the old radius arm after there threaded on.

Are you interested in tube doors.
 
Hey J Larsh are you interested in the tube doors because if you are I need to make a jig because I just sold the one I made.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top