Engine Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter bearcat
  • Start date Start date
B

bearcat

Guest
I own a 91 model F-150 4 wheel drive with a 300 Straight 6 in it the motor just layed down on me although it has been a very good one I am wanting to replace it with a 302. I had the transmision rebuilt about a year ago and i was wanting to know if it will bolt up to the 302. I am thinking that it is the E4OD trans. I do know that it is the heavy duty one. Any info will help along with anything else that i might need to swap. Thanks
 
Pretty sure you have to have the V8 flywheel too as they are weighted different other than that it will bolt to your tranny and Billz4x4z is right you do have to change the motor mounts and actually the frame mounts to the V8 style as for the t case mount in a 91 it hangs off the back of the tranny so you wont have to change any of that :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top