Engine Swap

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Hey guys! It's been a long time since I last posted, due to the move. But my Bronco and I made the 3600 mile trip from Alaska to Phoenix, Arizona... Barely. The number 1 and 3 cylinder died in Cali, with the number 5 close behind. I have started to remove the engine. I figure that I can swap the 302 with a 351 W. Will my C5 tranny fit? If i buy 351 engine mounts, will the engine slide in? Thanks for all your help and any other hints would be appreciated! Thanks again!
 
A friend of mine did that a while ago, the only trouble he had was the electrical system(did not have a computor from a bronco that had a 351w) so he ended up going to a carb. Other than that it worked fine.
 
the new engine will bolt right up the new motor. i assume it is a C-6, not a C-5?? also i think that the motor mounts are the same but i am not shure. glad that you made your trip. welcome back
clap.gif
 
yeah, c6. But i was going to do a carb set up as it is anyways. Hey, Hawk, do you remember how much your holley cost? just looking for prices.
 
im pretty shure about 400. i do remember that the new, higher cfm carb that i bought was cheaper than the stock rebuilt 4 bbl. i also thought highly of the edelbrock but i went with the holley 4160 with manual choke.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top