Engine Stumbles at Idle F450 1989

ironworker

New Member
I have a 1989 F450 460 engine that stumbles/hesitates at low rpm or idle, then runs fine after that. Put in new spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter, but still happens. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike
 
I have a 1989 F450 460 engine that stumbles/hesitates at low rpm or idle, then runs fine after that. Put in new spark plugs, fuel filter and air filter, but still happens. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike
<_< :-" :mellow: :rolleyes: Hey, Here's my experience with these engines. First, check for a vacuum leak at intake. I use a propane bottle with nozzle to test. Have used carb clean but it's possible to get flash if ignition is faulty. Also, second possibility could be a faulty TPS. These sensors can fault anywhere in the resistance coil. If you sit and idle for long periods, it can wear at that point. Hope this helps. 50F1wrench.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top