mscoupleinluv
New Member
I have a 98 F 150, 4x4,Triton V8,5.4 L,Approx 112 K miles.
Okay, All that said, Heres my problem.
Recently When starting the engine, It will start, then stall immediatly,unless I hold the accelerator at 500 RPM or higher.
At first, It did not stall everytime I started it, Then it has gradually gotton more frequent. Now it is stalling at traffic lights also, Unless I hold the accelerator at above 500 RPM.
I am guessing it may need the fuel injectors cleaned,Having that done today, I have replaced fuel filter, no improvement.Cleaned air filter. Used fuel injecter cleaner additives in the fuel tank. Does any one have any suggestions or had similar problems ,With a positive result?
Anything I should check, clean, adjust, replace before i take it in to the dealership for service, By the way, The check engine light is not on.
Appreciate any advice,
Thanks, MsCoupleInLuv
Okay, All that said, Heres my problem.
Recently When starting the engine, It will start, then stall immediatly,unless I hold the accelerator at 500 RPM or higher.
At first, It did not stall everytime I started it, Then it has gradually gotton more frequent. Now it is stalling at traffic lights also, Unless I hold the accelerator at above 500 RPM.
I am guessing it may need the fuel injectors cleaned,Having that done today, I have replaced fuel filter, no improvement.Cleaned air filter. Used fuel injecter cleaner additives in the fuel tank. Does any one have any suggestions or had similar problems ,With a positive result?
Anything I should check, clean, adjust, replace before i take it in to the dealership for service, By the way, The check engine light is not on.
Appreciate any advice,
Thanks, MsCoupleInLuv