Engine question

rednck7736

New Member
I am looking at buying a late 90's extra cab F-150 4x4 ,stick shift at the first of the year.My onthing I really hate is the crappy weak 4.6 engines that came in a lot of the m.The only 2 that I have been around were both weak on the bottom end. What power it did have Was up in the RPM range.I am use to running something with a atleast a 351w in it.To me it seems like the 4.6 is to small. Ford should have put all there time and effert in teh 351w and the 460.To hell with the mod motors.I am goin gto be hauling a small boat and 4wheeler with it that I know of.BUt with me you never know what it will hook to.I am going to look for a little onlder one with a 5.0 so I can swapp it for a 5.8.It has to be a stick.Sick and tired of !@#$% unrelable auto trannies.But I am probly going to be stuck buying a truck with a crappy mod motor in it.What is every one else feeling on the mood motors or is just me who thinks there a waste of time to run?Whats your opion.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top