Engine Miss

fbrown3

New Member
When I first start the truck in the morning it has a miss, after it is driven for a while the miss goes away. Can any one help???
 
Sounds like a heat related issue to me.
The first thing I would do is make sure all the plug wires have tight connections and arent rubbing on anything that can cause them to leak out (or that they have any internal seperations) and make sure there isn't any moisture (been really humid lately?) from the engine cooling off, that is condensing in the distributor cap.
 
It's an 87 Ford F150 and is fuel injected.Went to the dealer and talked to them about our conversation and I found out that it has a sensor on the thermostat housing that controls the cold start mixture ( cost about $16.00). It works fine now, thanks for the help.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top