Engine Idle

Daddude

New Member
I have a 94 Bronco with a 351 that idles high after warm up. Ive had her since 97 and the RPMs are 1200 at start up and then should drop to about 600-800 RPM after 15 to 30 seconds.Now at start up the RPMs stay at 1100 after driving( no matter how many miles I drive) Whats this about any suggestions.First problem Ive had with the engine and it drives fine as before- just this high idle. B)
 
Three things,

1. Throttle body sticking
2. Bad TPS sensor
3. IAC bad or sticking
 
The high idle problem was solved today after many attempts.The three things you suggested were tried and the end result was that the Throttle position sensor was bad. I had cleaned the throttle body, bought a new IAC sensor unit and still had the problem.I disconnected the new IAC and she ran at about 600 rpms at idle but you had to hit the throttle a bit when starting up but ran OK until I had the time to mess with it more.Today I spent about $45.00 for a TPS which some said was not the problem for no check engine light was lit up.Well they were wrong and Mustangman65 was right on!! Thanks dude you saved me about $200. or more for what the shops would hit you for.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top