Engine Identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter wpbronco
  • Start date Start date
W

wpbronco

Guest
I have a 68 bronco with a straight 6. My question is how to identify the engine. I was trying to replace the temperature sending unit and the one the parts store had for a 170 was to small. Where do I fnd the engine tag to properly ID the enigne I have or think I have??
 
as far as i know, if its original in a 68 its either a 170 or 200.
 
I am sure there are many web site that would help but I find this one of the best for Ford I.D.
www.classicmustanginc.com
Log on and then go to Guide to Decoding Ford Part Numbers
I used this for my 302 as I was told it was a special engine from a police car. :rolleyes: It was not . :angry: Just a simple 302 Winsor built in 1978.

Welcome to the site. [-X
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top