Engine Cranks dose'nt start

Jim Segovia

New Member
my truck cranks over great, and there is plenty of fuel but it just wont start give me some ideas of what i can check my truck is a 73 f 250 with a 390ci
 
when was the last time the truck was tuned? have you checked to see if you have spark at plugs?


I tuned it about a year ago, I just checked this am 8/8/09 and i have no spark,i removed spark plug and grounded it on block and saw no spark, could it be my coil??
 
I tuned it about a year ago, I just checked this am 8/8/09 and i have no spark,i removed spark plug and grounded it on block and saw no spark, could it be my coil??


I just replaced the ignition coil and my truck started right up, i wasnt geting fuel so i changed the inline fuel filter so all is GOOD
 
I just replaced the ignition coil and my truck started right up, i wasnt geting fuel so i changed the inline fuel filter so all is GOOD







if it happens again check your points (if you still have them) with a feelier gauge and make sure it reads .017 otherwise u wont get any spark.
 
I just replaced the ignition coil and my truck started right up, i wasnt geting fuel so i changed the inline fuel filter so all is GOOD

Check to see if your feeding the coil around 9V. Just to be sure. 12 volts will take out the coil and wear out the points. Needs a resistance wire.
Geese I need to look at the date!!! :huh:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top