Engine Colors

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
B

BigNasty

Guest
I think I have a spun main bearing.. odd thing is, it was while it was not running (still sratching head but should know for sure this weekend :) )

Anyways.. ford blue is boring to me..... and am considering going with canary yellow for the engine :)

Anyone else have off colors on your engines?
 
i would be nice if you could coordinate the engine with interior or exterior.freak's bronco and engine is red along with chrome and yellow accents. it looks like your truck is blue. seems like canary yellow might be a little loud. i cant say mutch because mine is all flat grey. really you should choose what suits you best and fits your truck best. one thing i havent seen often is black. my $.02
 
Hopefully I will have it all together again in just a few days :) and running again by the weekend :)

And I went with...
Ford Red :)
I won't have any pics until I am ready to drop it back in, but so far, looks hot :)
 
mine's the same as windchasers. i think it's a good universal color, not. anyway for some different color considerations try a local fireplace/ woodstove store. the one by me has about 30 different colors in hi temp applications
 
Everything on my block is either black or silver. The intake is silver and the air cleaner is chrome, valve cover breather are chrome, chrome dipstick and tube, and a shiny edelbrock. I hope to be putting some shiny new headers on soon. I have always liked black and silver or chrome.
 
Not that I seriously need an answer for this, but I wonder... If you wanted to go down to the Sherwin William's Auto Paint store, what color would you ask for to get "Ford Blue."

Is it called that? :)
 
Guest said:
Not that I seriously need an answer for this, but I wonder... If you wanted to go down to the Sherwin William's Auto Paint store, what color would you ask for to get "Ford Blue."

Is it called that? :)
This was my Q:
:wacko:
 
As far as rattle can paint, that's what i get is "Ford Blue" paint. so it is actually called that.
 
In spite of looking a little dark in the picture, mine is Ford blue which is lighter than what it looks like in the picture. Ford blue is called FORD BLUE, I doubt that Sherman Williams would have it but you can find engine paint at your local friendly auto parts store and it is labled as Ford Blue.

So yeesh, sorry 88pimpin but it actually is.

:)>-
 
I decided on Ford Red :)
Here's a sneak peek - upside down right now, just finished installing the crank when the sun went down and had to get it covered :)

engine.jpg
 
Lookin sweet Nasty...I am not a red fan, but you may be converting me. very sweet. :D/
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top