Emissions

spartan117_mc

New Member
Hey guys,
ive seen a lot of picures of trucks ith the same year and engine of my truck running an open air cleaner and without the emissions control stuff. what all does this do exactly and what are the pros of running my truck without emissions? how would i go about doing this; if its worth it because i live in a county with emisions control. thanks
 
spartan117_mc said:
Hey guys,
ive seen a lot of picures of trucks ith the same year and engine of my truck running an open air cleaner and without the emissions control stuff. what all does this do exactly and what are the pros of running my truck without emissions? how would i go about doing this; if its worth it because i live in a county with emisions control. thanks
[snapback]16968[/snapback]​
I'm wondering if you are refering to the aircleaner that has the duct that catches heat from the exhaust manifold? If so, that catches the heat from the exhaust to warm the engine up faster, its pretty imortant on the cold mornings when you dont have fuel injection. Carburorated motors need the instant heat on cold mornings to get the engine to ideal operating temps faster so that the engine will idle properly faster. I'm not sure if its something that your county will look for, I know I took mine off of my old courier, but it also has a tag on the engine bay that says non emissions vehicle. If your refering to the smog pump, that just pumps fresh air to the exhaust to help unburnt fuel in the exhaust completely burn before leaving the tailpipes, now that is something that you don't want to full with, they will be looking for that I'm sure.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top