"Emergency" Kit

Skitter302

Moderator
Due to a lack of a better spot I'll put this here.
Every driver needs to have some kind of Kit for those Road-Side Troubles. So I have gone through the forums and Kits offer'd by different companys And I have Put a list together of items that I feel every member here should have in their daily driver :)

Philips and Standard Screwdrivers
17103.jpg
These don't need to be anything fancy. Just good enough to get any quick fix job done. If you feel so inclined, upgrade to a Multi-Bit Screwdriver.

Duct Tape
21ZF5rz2nNL.jpg
Every handyman's best friend. You'll use it if you go out camping so ya might as well have it on ya 24/7.

Electrical Tape
41QZTB49FZL._SX300_.jpg
You won't use this as often as the Duct tape but you'll need it for covering things.

Gloves
40072_ICON.JPG
Some simple work gloves just in-case you need to protect your hands.

Flashlight
main.flashlight.jpg
This is a smart item to have no matter what.

extra Bottle Jack (optional)
hydraulic_bottle_jack.jpg
I know that every vehicle came out of the factory with a jack but if your out in the sticks and you need to use a jack sometimes two is better to have.

Zip Ties
humble-zip-tie.jpg
Now I've seen these used to hold half a car together. and given their size their easy to carry around.

Rags
Cotton-Rag-Rugs.jpg
These work great for having something to wipe your hands one. You could get HD hand wipes, but those dry out over time. Cloth can also be used to take something off with out leaving tool marks.

Pen and Paper
paper_and_a_pen_0515-0909-2116-0233_SMU.jpg
These two items were in almost every Emergency kit I saw.

x2 Crescent Wrench(s)

2.jpg
I carry two of these in my Ammo Can for those bolts that need to be held on both sides.
 
Piece of Rope
rope_thumb1.jpg
Nothing long, just enough for tieing stuff together.

Map of your area
google-maps-usa.png
The GPS is great till the battery runs out.

First Aid Kit
Wilderness-First-Aid-Kit.jpg
again, just something to take care of the simple cut, gashes, and punctures.

Tow Strap

lg_1208189_1.jpg
Hopefully this is only gunna be used to pull your buddy out

Pocket Knife

5_11472.jpg
For when you have to cut the rope down to size

Vice Grips

10cr_lg.jpg
Part of the basic 101 kit.

Flares
or reflectors
06.20.12-Flare.jpg
Flares are great for signaling. I put of reflecors because if your on the side of the road, and the area is full of dry grass, adding fire is not so great...

Fire Extinguisher(optional)
fireextinguisher.jpg
Now this doesn't fit in my Ammo can with everything else so I have to strap this don next to the can.

Jumper cables

jumpercables.jpg
Part of the 101 basics.

Fuses
Littelfuse-Blade-Micro2icon.jpg
Just for when you pull too many amps.
 
Pliers
combination-pliers-250x250.jpg
Part of the man kit.

40MM ammo Can
40mmammocan.jpg
5.5"x17"x10" is perfect for these items.

And this covers the stuff the I keep with me/recommend to have. Now I know your not going to need to use all these items but you'll be glad you have it when somebody else needs a hand.

Forthe guys that go out wheeling this is just some of what you want to have :)
 
Yo,
Walmart has some personal survival items;
A whistle in event of emergency. Small one with sharp sound available @ wal mart $1.82

Grabber SPACE Brand Emergency Blanket Silver/Silver
$2.29 4.5 stars (20) ratings Waterproof/windproof Flexible to -40 F Size 36"x84"
Weight 4 oz.

Pee bottle (s), Tropicana has nice features.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top