Electronic throttle control

wwoodby

New Member
I have a F-150 crew cab, a 5.4 liter engine, two wheel drive.
I experienced a wrench picture on the dash panel, and loss of excelation and later on in the day found out that my truck was placed into a "Limp Mode " as per the owners manual. It stayed in this mode for about 20 minutes, at which time I shut the ignition off waited about ten minutes and re-started the truck, and everything went back to normal ( I hope normal, what causes this problem to occur? Can anyone shed some light on it)
When this problem occured I was in the middle of a fourty mile trip and stopped for a red light, went to excellerate and it felt as though the gas peddle was broke just flopping around. When the truck returned to a normal state the gas peddle felt like it had some resistance, meaning back to normal.
 
I know with the 94 HD series 250-350 there was a recall on that issue. You could try to find out if your truck has a recall notice on the official ford site by entering the owners section and looking up recall info. you will need your vin number to complete the search.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top