Electrical

lukeyboy60

New Member
The lights on my '74 bronco have a mind of their own. When the lights are on, the head lights sometimes flicker on and off. It is just the headlights because the pariking (blinker lights) stay on. I have looked at he headlight harness to see if there was a loose ground or something like that but found nothing. Has anyone had these problems? Is there a certian spot that I missed that a wire might be touching metal? This problem almost got me in trouble with the law but thanks to the small town that I live in, the cop let me off easy as long as I gave him a beer. Thanks. b-(
 
Have you tried removing and cleaning the ground wire where it attaches to the back of the grille?All of them are prone to rusting.Also might be a bad switch.
 
Check the connections at the high beam switch on the floor, (prone to corrosion)
it also could be a fault in the high beam switch itself.
 
I have reconnected all the grounds around the headlights and changed the main switch (pull knob). It is obvious that it is either a loose wire or a short somewhere. I am considering rewiring the entire bronco. Thanks for the replies.
 
As above said check the dimmer switch,That happened to me one time.Has to be a common problem so look for a supply voltage cause.Run a hot wire to the lights to see if fixes it.Rewiring is a pretty good job and costly
 
The dimmer switch was rotten so I changed it but still the same problem. An Electrition friend of mine said it is probably somewhere in the dash. I will take that apart this weekend and see if I can find anything. Thanks for the help. I will let ya'll know.
 
A fellow bronco friend of mine found the problem to the light situation. Come to find out it was just a bad switch in the dash. Thanks for all the thoughts. B)
 
I know you fixed your light problem,I found this yesterday on my 73,the wires on the back side of the fusebox had got on the bottom raised ridge of the dash and it had eaten partially through about four wires.It's a wonder it hasn't been blowing fuses.Might wanna check yours too!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top