Absolutely! We no longer have an economy where the big corporations create the jobs. Many of the jobs out there are created by individuals who have incorporated their businesses. Technology has hit a point that anyone can afford to create a corporation. Fortunately The President, and his advisors, has seen it and that tax relief on those evil corporations allows these small business owners to employ an extra person, or even let their spouse stay home with the kids. Either way we all benefit.
If I may offer some observations on the Election. This is an Off Topic area, so i don't think it's out of line. If I am let me know, and I'll not do it again.
The Democrats shot themselves in the foot in three ways this time. They underestimated the republican vote, they spoke at the rural people rather than with them, and they gave the internet to low income families.
First off, in the 2000 election we all heard that "Bush stole the election". I guess we were supposed to ignore that Gore sent in the lawyers first to recount votes in certain counties. We're supposed to ignore that the Florida Constitution explicitly states that this type of recount is not allowed. In the event of a recount it is to be statewide. We're supposed to ignore that the Gore attorneys sought to suppress absentee ballots which were largely military and largely in favor of Bush. We're supposed to forget that with all the charges of disenfranchisement of minorities that the NAACP couldn't find one person to testify when it came time for hearings. Finally we were supposed to ignore that in EVERY recount (even the one conducted by the DNC) Bush won Florida. I think those constant accusations pushed a lot of people who would otherwise not bother to vote to get out there and make it clear this time.
The rural vote is huge. It's amazing that the Democrats look at us and think we're idiots that can be pandered to. I don't know about you guys, but down here we don't take that so well. Kerry insisted on trying to tell us he feels our pain. Clinton could pull that off, but a guy like Kerry just has no chance. He spoke at us, and told us how he could help us. Presumably because we are uncapable of helping ourselves. Basically he was saying "I'll give you idiots what you can't give yourselves".
Lastly, and probably most surprisingly, the Democrats shot themselves in the foot by advocating and implementing programs that provide internet access to low income families. The democratic Party, love them or hate them, looks after the group. That's why you always hear them talk about "minorities", or "women". You rarely hear anything about individual rights. To quote the figurehead of the party Bill Clinton "We've got to stop focusing on the rights of the individual". Te kennedy also mentioned how they've been "at war with the individual". What does this have to do with the internet? Well surfing the internet is largely a solitary activity. It allows people to educate themselves and reach conclusions based on their own findings. It strips away the group identity that most of the Democratic figureheads seem to rely upon. What you have left is a person that says "When I get out of here why should I be penalized for succeding?", or coming to the conclusion that they can do better and welfare is only a leg up, and not a lifestyle.
Before this turns into a debate or discussion let me say this. I am largely libertarian, and I believe this race should have been Kerry's, but he made mistakes. I made my choice only because I knew we didn't have a shot, and I had to choose one of the big two.
Brad