E4od To C6 Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter buckinbronco
  • Start date Start date
B

buckinbronco

Guest
I have a 91 Bronco with the E4OD tranny and I want to swap to a C6. How hard is it and what exactly would I need to be able to do this besides the obvious? I know the C6 does not have overdrive and I really dont want or need it being that the main use for this truck is to screw around off-roading.
 
Do you think it would be better for me to swap or stay with what I have now?
 
Guest_buckinbronco said:
Do you think it would be better for me to swap or stay with what I have now?
swap and give me your E4OD :D

E4OD's are iffy transmissions, i've blown through one, and my second one is already clunking out.

you'll have to pretty much swap in a C-6 Truck

edit: the E4OD has an Overdrive off switch if you dont want overdrive and dont want to to through the effort of going to a non OD trans :ph34r:
 
i did the up grades to my e4od when it was rebuilt and added a tranny cooler. it runs good now, but the first owner pulled a small horse trailer with it for the first 180,000 miles. at 190,000 the tork converter was just to tired so i had the tanny rebuilt.
 
Dicain, do you think i should keep the e4od or swap it out?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top