E-brake Stuck On?

Sorny

New Member
I haven't driven my Bronc in about 4 days cause I broke by toe and foot. So Yesterday I want out for a bit to eat and I noticed my truck was slowing down fast when I was deacelerating, but I didn't think much of it. Today when I want to take it up town I put it in gear and it didn't want to move forward easily, and it would move backwards easier. When I try moving it forward it seems like the brakes are on, and you can hear them rubbing. Has one one had this happen? Anyone know whats wrong?
 
Also yesterday when I drove it the drivers side window wouldn't go up or down. It is an electric window. Is it just the switch, beacuse I haven't had trouble with it before.
 
Check the condition to the emergency brake cables, they may be rusted and sticking.

A lead to the switch may be broken. They get flexed a lot where they go thru between the door and chassis. I've had that problem on older trucks, how many times can you flex a wire before it breaks any way? It takes a bit of trouble shooting and a good diagram of the circuit to trouble shoot unless you are just lucky and find it visually.

If you don't already have one, I would suggest getting a EVTM for your truck. It is the best trouble shooting document you can get for electrical problems. I see them on ebay from time to time. May also be still available from Ford.

Good luck, :)>-
 
Yeah the problem was the ebrake cables. They got stuck on and they over heated my rear brakes causing them to crack and sease up in the drum, so i had to get all new shoes and ebrake cables.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top