Dura Spark

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadWarriorRepair
  • Start date Start date
R

RoadWarriorRepair

Guest
does a 1983 ford ranger with dura spark ignition have a resistor between the ignition key and the ignition module . if so is it a resistor or a resistance wire. i have no voltage reading in the red wire on the module and no spark to the plugs . can i use a test lead and put 12 volts to the red wire without harming the module to see if i can get spark to the plugs. my ford ranger repair manual haynes 36070 shows a resistor in the circuit but trouble shooting procedures indicate the module red wire should have a voltage reading equal to the battery voltage reading. what fuse in the fuse box woulds protect the circuit from the key to the module
 
B) I looked in the manuals I have and it is not too clear.
If I were you I would alternate the 15 amp fuses and then the 20 amp.
There are not that many. It would not be a 5 or 30 amp. :mellow:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top