Dual Batteries

smittyiniraq

New Member
I have noteced from some members rigs/rides that they are running dual batteries. What is this for and is this something I should look into while building my 78 F150?
 
The dual option provides a separate power source of auxiliary equipment, (camper, extra lights, etc.) It was optional on 73-79 F-series.
 
The dual option provides a separate power source of auxiliary equipment, (camper, extra lights, etc.) It was optional on 73-79 F-series.

Interesting. I think I may look into setting that up. I plan to do a lot trial riding and camping on the trails so that may come in handy. Is it hard to setup if the truck did not come with that option?
 
The dual batteries also give more amps. This way your battery doesnt die as quickly but since theyre ran in Paralel the volts stay the same, that way you dont fry everything in the truck. Just be sure if you do this you run positive to positive ans negative to negative.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top