I've been working on a vibration problem on my 94 F150 4x4 with E40D and 5.8L. The vehicle has around 200k miles on it. The transfer case is a BW1356 with electronic shift on the fly and it has a one piece driveshaft.
I never noticed the vibration until after the installation of a Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler. Its a dual in / dual out. My exhaust is a custom true dual connecting only at the O2 sensor. I only feel it during acceleration or tight turns. It feels to come from the rear output area of the transfer case. It doesn't occur at highway speeds and typically is between the 15 to 30 MPH range. The higher engine RPM at that speed the worst it feels.
So far I have replaced both the forward and rear driveshaft u-joints. I've rotated the driveshaft 180 degrees on the rear mount. Tires are balanced and there appears to be no excessive play in the rear end.
The only other possibilities I can think of is the driveshaft being unbalanced or a possible worn rear output bearing in the transfer case. Does anyone have a drawing of the BW1356 transfer case with a listing of parts? I've been unable to find much information about it including any common problems/repairs.
I never noticed the vibration until after the installation of a Flowmaster Super 40 Series Muffler. Its a dual in / dual out. My exhaust is a custom true dual connecting only at the O2 sensor. I only feel it during acceleration or tight turns. It feels to come from the rear output area of the transfer case. It doesn't occur at highway speeds and typically is between the 15 to 30 MPH range. The higher engine RPM at that speed the worst it feels.
So far I have replaced both the forward and rear driveshaft u-joints. I've rotated the driveshaft 180 degrees on the rear mount. Tires are balanced and there appears to be no excessive play in the rear end.
The only other possibilities I can think of is the driveshaft being unbalanced or a possible worn rear output bearing in the transfer case. Does anyone have a drawing of the BW1356 transfer case with a listing of parts? I've been unable to find much information about it including any common problems/repairs.