Drive Shaft IPB

Moonen

New Member
Replaced worn u-joints in my 92 150. The rear one is tight and causing a vibration. The needle bearings in the OEM joint were pulverized. I need to ID the part that bolts (4 bolts) to the rear end where the u-joint is installed. The new joint didn't install easily and there is too much resistance. I want to replace the rear u-joint holder, but can't find a description.
Shawn
 
Replaced worn u-joints in my 92 150. The rear one is tight and causing a vibration. The needle bearings in the OEM joint were pulverized. I need to ID the part that bolts (4 bolts) to the rear end where the u-joint is installed. The new joint didn't install easily and there is too much resistance. I want to replace the rear u-joint holder, but can't find a description.
Shawn
The part you are looking for is called a Pinion companion flange. You can find one at almost any junk yard or you can get a new one for about $40 at www.broncograveyard.com. If you decide to go the junk yard route take your old one with you so you don't accidently get a flange off an explorer as they are slightly smaller.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top