Drag Link/ Tierod 2wd Conversion

f1drivr

New Member
I converted my 72 Bronco to power steering with the 2WD gearbox that mounts on the inside of the frame. Which tie rod & drag link do I need to make this 2WD gearbox work, And can I get one from a local parts house or do I have to get it from a Bronco parts supplier? I have a 2 inch lift & still have drum brakes. If anyone has pics of the same set-up I would like to see them. Thanks CWatts
 
I also did this. You'll need to use the original Bronco pitman arm and a custom drag link from WildHorses (www.wildhorses4x4.com). You can use the original Bronco tie rod.
 
I believe you can buy an F150 drag link and have it cut and add threads so its adjustable. Then reim out the tie-rod end and pitman arm end to fit it with a tappered reamer.
 
I cut 7 & 11/16 out of the drag link & welded it back. That worked great, but when I put the pump back on the pulley was hitting the gear box, so I had to add some metal to the bracket to allow the pulley to swing out a little further to clear the gearbox witch required a 1 inch longer belt.
I went for a ride & it handles a lot better, it was drivable!!!! Thanks for all the advice. CWatts
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top