Door Rattle 92 f250

rgoodin

New Member
I have a 92 F250. The passenger door rattles like crazy. all the rubber looks fine. I know there is screw or something on the door that will adjust how tight it closes, I just don't want to pay the dealership the bucks to do it.

Does anyone know where and how to adjust the door?
 
I have a 92 F250. The passenger door rattles like crazy. all the rubber looks fine. I know there is screw or something on the door that will adjust how tight it closes, I just don't want to pay the dealership the bucks to do it.

Does anyone know where and how to adjust the door?
if you just want a quick fix take and wrap electrical tape around the door post (where the latch grabs)
 
Door Striker Bolt
http://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-bin/vm91...list=1334:362:0

38448 Fits Ford/Mercury, Full-size, Mustang, F150/350 pickups, E150/350 vans and other vehicles. 1996-80

avail all over & called:
Dorman (dormanproducts.com, R&B Colmar)- Help, Conduct-Tite, First Stop, Motormite, MPI, Scan-Tech, Pik-A-Nut, Everco Brass, CHAMP, & Allparts brand products - usually hanging on a rack.

They also sell the bushings seperately for just a few bucks.
look @ Tim's great tech info here; should be similar/ or same as your year and F series; for the bushngs and Hinge info if your hinge is bad as well
http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/superford...&s=9474#content
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top