Door Panel Fasteners

cjbronco

New Member
I took out all of my interior panels and padded them for some noise reduction. Im having a problem trying to find the right fastenerst that slip back onto the back of the door panels. Does anyone know where I can find them at? I've tried all the local pep boys and napa ect.. but no luck
 
Check locally to see if you have a body shop parts supplier or go to a body shop and take one with you. I liberated some from a couple of junkers but you have to be careful that you don't wreck them when removing them. Hmmm a lot of them's :rolleyes:

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Say, another thing you can do about sound deadening is to put self sticking sound deadening panels inside your doors on the outer skin, on floor boards and on the rear wheel wells. Also some of that sealed cellular foam insulation padding on against the inside of the quarter panels.

I have used both, in several vehicles, and they work quite well :) . It won't sound like the inside of a Lincoln ;) but there is a definate difference and the insulation helps keep heat out in the summer and heat in in the winter.

The stick on panels stop the metal from vibrating and creating noise. You don't need to cover the entire surface, just a couple of locations in the door, one in each foot well and a strip on each wheel well.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Any auto store like AutoZone, Advance, O'Reillys etc. should have the "cone-like" plastic door fasteners. Look for one of those HELP! displays.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top