Door Handles Don't Work

  • Thread starter Thread starter okiebronco
  • Start date Start date
O

okiebronco

Guest
Has anyone had this problem? My "71 Bronco door handles don't always work. When it gets cold enough outside they freeze up, and I cant even unlock them. When they aren't frozen the latch slips and won't even unlatch when I push the handle button. If I push it over and over it will eventually catch. Do I need a new latch (the guts inside the door) or is there an easier fix? Also, what kind of lubricant works best? I've tried WD-40, Pzl Z-4, and Slick 50 lubricant. Any help is aprecciated.
 
clean everthing with brake cleaner or some kind of solvent. relube every thing with lubeaplate white grease.
 
Graphite lubricant is what you spray in a sticky latch and lock to keep it from freezing.It comes in a small tube and is available at most good parts stores.Works well in a jumpy speedometer cable also.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top