Disk Brakes

dk6

New Member
After thirty years with the old truck I want to upgrade the beast with a front disk brake kit. I've been looking at the kits offered by Wild Horses 4X4. Anyone have experience with their product?
 
Hello,
I have no experience yet but I have a 74 and I want to upgrade to discs in the front. So if you go that way please let us know the good and the bad. I was looking at a setup that sells on Ebay complete for 700.00 but I just am not ready to put out the money yet.
Thanks Samo
 
Shop for your own... save some $$$ 78 Chevy K-20 Calipers spindles and backing plates, bronco rotors, some lines and seals and youre done. Spindles and backing plates can be cleaned and used fine from a junkyard.. the calipers pull from the yard and use as cores to buy new ones from napa or something... you can easily save 200-300 bucks over buying a kit.
 
Check out the tech write ups at Classic Broncos.com
ddspanker
 
I did the chevy front disc conversoin and saved myself a couple hundred bucks by getting the parts from a junk yard. I will say that it is some times hard to find a 4x4 at the junk yards that hasn't been picked over.

Here is a LINK.


Another LINK


Another LINK


There are a ton of these out there try a google search.

Sodfather
 
I did the conversion using the kit from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard.Real easy.All the parts are there.You dont need nothing else.600 and some odd dollars.Not bad for every thing all together.you dont have to dig thru junk.Most of the time if you go to the junk yard you bring junk home.
 
Thanks for all your replys. I have looked around my area for used parts but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. I like the idea of everything being in the kit, new and clean. After talking to Wildhorses I'm thinking about adding a power booster and a 2.5" lift at the same time. I live about 3 hours from them and will take a trip up there next week. I'll keep you you all posted as to my experience with the project.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top