Differential For Ford 8.8

Iamnottelling

New Member
I wondered what people suggested for a 93 Bronco in the way of a limited slip Differential. I do some moderate offroading and have a fairly stock engine so I dont' think I need anything to expensive. I was looking at the Detroit limited or the Eaton? I chose them because of what I would consider a good reputation and moderate price. Also, any brand preference on Ring and Pinion?

The reason for this is, I was recently offroading and I guess I busted the Dif case and with little warning (2 minuets or so) the next day the rear end locked up on the freeway. I have not dug into it yet but I am confident that a new Ring and Pinion will be needed and a new Dif. I am hoping that the case is not busted just the bolt on cover or can the "Banjo" (As someone called it) be welded?
 
I would think Auburn L/S would be cheaper and just as strong as
the Detroit and Eaton for weekend wheelin.
For Gears I like Yukon, They havent failed me yet and
Randy's Ring & Pinion sells them for a good price.
If you go cheap for gears you will pay for it later.
Genuine Gear has a lifetime warranty for a reason,
STAY AWAY!!!!!
On a side note. PM me if you are.
I have a Ford Tracklock and an Open 8.8 carrier
for sale if you are interested.
 
I have found that I had leaked all the fluid out of the differential so I had warn the bearing out and since it is all apart I am just going to look at getting a limited slip Differential.

I am having trouble finding sights that describe the advantages and construction of the various differentials both Eaton and Detroit (I thought Detroit had a couple of different kinds?) I had thought I had found a great sight a while ago but can't find it now
 
I would use a factory ford unit. You can get the kits to rebuild them for like $50.00 and simply add extra clutches to them to make them work just as well as a big name unit. what axle splines are you running? (28 or 31).
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top