Diesel & Dana 60 Conversion Continued....

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7.3crawler
  • Start date Start date
7

7.3crawler

Guest
Just an update on my '88 Bronco. I swapped in a 1993 7.3 turbo diesel, with a c-6 transmission, I have put over 6000 miles on it so far with no problems. I just finished swapping in a Dana 60 front axle out of a '79 F-350, and a 10.25 Sterling rear axle fom a '94 F-250, both with 3.55 axle ratios that work good with no overdrive. I went with leaf springs in the front for strength and simplicity along with cross-over steering. I ended up with 8" of lift and am now running 37" Goodyear MTRs'. I installed a factory diesel tach. instrument panel and pyrometer, boost, trans. temp., & air pressure guages. Out went the bench seat and in went a 60/40 power split bench seat out of a '96 Silverado (only bow-tie part on the rig) and a B&M shifter. I fabbed up a set of wrap around tubular bumpers with a Warn 9000 lb. winch. Future mods will include ARB lockers front and rear, an Atlas II 3 to 1 transfer case to get my crawl ratio back down, and a full external roll cage to keep my family and I safe. This is my family hauling, daily driving, trail running, rockcrawling, snowplowing, 30 foot camper pulling do-it-all rig that Detroit refused to build! Thanks, and happy wheeling!Dan. For some reason my pictures won't upload.
 
It has good power with lots of torque, besides nothing beats the feel, sound, and smell of a diesel! (It's a sickness) Dan.
 
Me gusto MUCHO!!!
That's pretty sweet! I,ve been toying with the idea of putting a Dana 60 on my Bronc, but have to admit that I'm a little gun-shy (cost complexity, ect)
We'll see. I'm just working thru some alternator issues right now....
I like those pics of your 'stroke in the mud!!! Keep wheelin! :)>-
 
7.3crawler said:
It has good power with lots of torque, besides nothing beats the feel, sound, and smell of a diesel! (It's a sickness) Dan.
Amen to that.... diesels rule.

No more wheeling her though, she just a princess now, her new turbo is on the way, aiming for 375-400 HP. The bronco is the wheeler now.
 
A B-series Cummins was my first choice for the conversion, someday maybe? Can anyone tell me how to load in pictures? I tried putting them in the attachment spot but it would not work. My pictures are jpg.??!! Thanks, Dan.
 
Go to your gallery, then click on add. There should be an option to download from your computer, but can't remeber exactly...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top